Thursday 3 March 2011

Research Retreat Final Review

Today was the pin up day for our Research Retreat project.  Our main task was to design an artist’s retreat situated at Hospitalfield, Arbroath, which is an lready existing artists retreat. 
Compared to the Habitat project, this one has gone a lot quicker and I have felt that I gained valuable experience and knowledge from the Habitat project to carry forward into this one.
For the retreat, a great emphasis was put on trying to tie your design to the site as best as possible so the inhabitants can have the option of making best use of interior and exterior spaces.  I have looked into this and split between work and living using strips of solid structure and less solid void style strips, made from glazing.  My drawings I felt have risen in standard, as again I kind of know what reviewers are expecting to see in terms of content and standard.  Seeing other years’ work in the crit space has also helped me expand this knowledge.
Because of weather conditions we haven’t had a final review in our architecture careers, so I don’t know what to expect tomorrow.  But I am happy with my design, the work I have put in and how I have presented it all for my tutor and other reviewers.  I cant wait to find out what they think.



No comments:

Post a Comment